Lifeguard Position for the 2019 Summer Season
The Abbotsford Whalers Aquatic Club is currently accepting applications to fill
the LIFEGUARD position for our 2019 Summer Season.
If you are passionate about aquatics, love to be outside and are looking for a fun place to work with great people this summer… this job is for you!!!
Start Date: May 1st – August 31, 2019 for summer season contract
Job Description and Duties
• Observe patrons in pool, enforce safety regulations, maintain order in the swimming area
• Control the pool environment in order to prevent accidents
• Perform daily maintenance tasks as required to keep pool and pool area clean and tidy
• Be first aid responder for accidents in other areas of the club and completing incident reports as required
• Engage with a diverse client base to provide exceptional services
• Provide a clean and safe swimming environment
• Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in align with the Whalers Code of Conducts
• May be required to perform water tests to ensure adequate water tests and will occasionally work with Cholerine and other chemicals related to pool operations
Qualifications and Requirements
• Individuals must be 16 years or older
• Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificate (WSI)
• National Lifeguard (pool option)
• CPR level C and AED within the last year
• Current Standard First Aid
• Bronze cross and bronze medallion
• Available weekdays and weekends
Please apply by submitting your resume, cover letter and references to Travis Veldhoen at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday March 25th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.