Swim Junior Coach for the 2019 Summer Season
The Abbotsford Whalers Aquatic Club is currently accepting applications to fill
the SWIM JUNIOR COACH position for our 2019 Summer Season.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual, passionate about swimming who wants to enable and share in the success of their team.
Start Date: May 1st – August 31, 2019 for summer season
Job Description and Duties
• Under the direction of the Head Coach and Assistant Coaches will work as part of multi-disciplinary team
• Continues to demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to learn
• supervises the use, safety and storage of Abbotsford Whalers Aquatic Club equipment
• develops and educates self to become a more effective coach which will include staying up to date with coaching certifications, accepting mentorship where possible and participating in clinics and workshops that may be available
• willing to assist coaches at swim meets as designated
• assists and supports all team related activities
Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum of 2 years of competitive swim experience
• Previous experience as a volunteer coach required
• Demonstrates leadership, organizational and communication skills
• Has a sense of fun enthusiasm for coaching
Please apply by submitting your resume, cover letter and references to Travis Veldhoen at email@example.com by Monday March 25th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.